The $150.0 Million Sonoran Medical Center is the first new hospital developed by HonorHealth, created through the 2013 merger of Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. The site has been home to the Sonoran Health Emergency Center for many years, but with the growing community of Northern Phoenix, the need for a bigger facility grew.
The acute-care hospital contains up to 300 beds, along with an OR, ICU, Radiology Department, Pharmacy, administrative offices, dining, and outdoor courtyards. Plans include eventual development for other amenities such as senior housing, a hotel, or health and wellness-themed retail.
- Building: One, 6-Story
- Patient Beds: 300
- Operating Rooms
- Intensive Care Units
- Radiology Department
- Administrative Offices
- Food Service & Dining
- Comprehensive structural systems designed using 3D structural modeling software
- Value engineering
- Construction administration
- Special structural inspections
- Gravity System: Concrete over Steel Deck over Composite Steel Beams
- Lateral System: Steel Moment Frames