The City of Avondale Randall McDaniel Sports Complex is a unique public-private state of the art facility serving the Avondale community. The center provides year-round indoor sports with tournaments, leagues, classes, clinics, and special event activities throughout the year.
The sports complex is named after Randall McDaniel, a graduate of Agua Fria High School and former Minnesota Vikings offensive guard. The 2009 Pro-Football Hall of Fame inductee, attended the grand opening to meet visitors, sign autographs, and handed out limited-edition trading cards as souvenirs.
The sports complex is the first phase of Avondale City Center, a mixed-use development with attractions, office and residential space.
SPORTS COMPLEX FEATURES
- Building: 1-Story
- 4 Basketball Courts with Haro Hardwood and Schelde Standards
- 6 Volleyball Courts with Haro Hardwood and Schelde Systems
- 2 High Quality Infill Turf Soccer Fields with Dasher Boards
- 4,000 SF Community Center Multi-Purpose Room / Senior Center
- ASC Full-Services Catering and Banquet Facility, seating 250 People
- Athletic Training Center, Operated by CATZ
- Four, 1-Story
- My-Sport Pro Shop
- NJB (National Junior Basketball) Retail Store
- Comprehensive structural systems designed using 3D structural modeling software
- Value engineering
- Construction administration
- Special structural inspections
- Gravity System: Sports Bldg has Concrete & Masonry Bearing Walls | Retail Bldg has Steel Bearing Frame
- Lateral System: Sports Bldg has Concrete & Masonry Shear Walls | Retail Bldg has Light Gage Cross-Braced Frame & Masonry Shear Walls & Moment Frames