The Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Building II is a high-bay facility providing wet laboratory spaces supporting research in advanced materials, transportation, planning, geotechnical engineering, fluid dynamics, structural lab and sustainable materials. Offices and conference rooms.
ISTB II was ASU’s first LEED building. LEED Silver was earned by minimizing the urban heat island effect, reducing water use by 30%, optimizing energy performance, diverting 75% of construction waste from the landfill, and using recycled and regionally available building materials, and improving indoor environmental quality.
Building II also houses the new National Center of Excellence on SMART Innovations for Urban Climate + Energy, which develops solutions for an urbanizing planet. Some of these solutions include cool pavement and roofing technologies that moderate high temperatures in arid and dense urban areas.
- Building: 3-Story
- High-Bay Research Facility for:
- Wet Laboratory Spaces
- Conference Rooms
- Interior Courtyard
US GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL LEED RATING
- Certification Level: Silver
- Comprehensive structural systems designed using 3D structural modeling software
- Value engineering
- Construction administration
- Special structural inspections
- Gravity System: Hollow Core Slabs
- Lateral System: Steel Moment Frames